Made from a robust bottle green canvas with PVC coated polyester (440gsm), a Chimney Sheep wrap comes in two sizes:
- Regular – Measuring 26.5″ (67cm) square, it will fit all but the largest four Chimney Sheep sizes (i.e. does not fit 12″ x 20″, 14″ x 24″, 14″ x 28″ and 14″ x 36″).
- Large – Suitable for the three largest sizes, the 12″ x 20″, 14″ x 24″, 14″ x 28″ and the 14″ x 36″.
How do I use my Chimney Sheep wrap?
When you’re ready to remove your Chimney Sheep draught stopper and store it until its next outing, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Chimney Sheep wrap fully and place it on the floor directly in front of the hearth.
- Carefully remove your Chimney Sheep, making sure that any soot or debris falls into the grate.
- Give the Sheep a couple of taps to shake off any loose soot, then put it head down in the middle of the wrap.
- Fold the corners of the wrap around the sheep and tie the ribbon around it in a bow.
If there is any remaining soot in the Chimney Sheep wrap, it can be taken outside to be shaken. And if it gets mucky it can easily be wiped down as the inside of the wrap has a wipeable surface.
Your Chimney Sheep draught stopper can either be stored with the handle still threaded in or with the handle removed, to create a neat flat package. When you’re finished, the wrap will form a parcel which can be placed standing next to the fireplace or hung from a hook by the bottom of the handle, or it can just be stored in the log basket until it’s needed again.
When can I put my Sheep back in the chimney?
Once the fire is completely cold the wrap can be unwrapped and the sheep popped back in the chimney. If there’s any soot left in the wrap this can be carefully shaken out outside. If it gets mucky it can be wiped down as the inside of the wrap has an easily wipeable surface.