Why do we love these If You Care Paper Loaf Cases?
There is a whole host of reasons why we love these paper loaf cases. When we tried them out, we immediately fell in love with their practicality and versatility. In fact, one of our team members here at Chimney Sheep HQ took them home to test them and here were some of the things she pointed out:
- “These paper loaf cases are a dream for transporting cakes” – we can vouch for that. She came in the next day and had baked us a yummy banana bread that was still beautifully intact! So whether you are baking for people at work, taking a homemade loaf of bread to your mum’s house or making a nut loaf to have on a picnic these cases are sturdy enough to ensure you can transport them to where you need them to be without ending up with a scrambled mess on arrival.
- “These things peel away easier than an orange rind!” – when it came to serving the cake it was really simple. We just peeled away the case and hey presto, ready to cut and the gannets at Chimney Sheep HQ to get their mitts on it! The sturdy paper case had made sure the cake had kept its shape and the natural easy-release properties of the greaseproof paper meant that without having to grease the case, none of the cake stuck to the sides. We tried it a couple of times and each time, no sticking! We can now wave goodbye to the boring process of greasing a tin and that heart-wrenching tin removal moment. Phew.
- “I will never be unprepared again” – these cases are microwave and freezer friendly which means you can always make a cake to have in the freezer just in case you have a last-minute visitor knocking on your door.
- “A massive bonus that they are environmentally friendly” – you can read more about that below!
- “Please can I take some more home?” – do you blame her? To look at the rest of our If You Care range, click here.
How are these loaf cases eco-friendly?
From the production to the disposal, these compostable loaf cases have been made with environmental considerations at the forefront of their creation. But how can that be? It is quite simple really…
- FSC certified and sustainably sourced – the FSC is an organisation that promotes responsible and sustainable forest management through a rigorous certification system of forests and forest products. When you buy these paper loaf cases you know they are from forests that comply with these environmental and social standards.
- Completely unbleached and TCF– you’ll instantly be able to recognise bleached paper as it is white which means it has been treated with chlorine, whereas these loaf tins are made with greaseproof paper that is brown. That shows you it is totally chlorine-free (TCF). The bleaching is purely for aesthetic reasons but the effects of doing it can be damaging to both animals and humans. Chlorine-bleached parchment paper is warmed creating a nasty byproduct called dioxin that has been linked with reproductive and developmental issues, damage of the defence system and with the interference of hormones. This chemical often finds its way back into our waterways either during its production or after its disposal and can cause completely unnecessary damage not only to humans but also to species that live in oceans, lakes and rivers.
- Entirely plastic-free – there is not one little bit of this paper that has plastic in it.
- 100% biodegradable compostable. This means you can put them in your garden, take them to a compost facility or even put them in your home compost after you’ve used the load cases. They will completely break down into the soil, back into the basic amino acids that a plant can use to grow!
- Sustainable silicone coating – this has been derived from silicon, which is abundant in nature and completely non-toxic, limiting the loaf cases’ impact on the environment.
- Recyclable packaging – not only has the packaging been sourced from FSC certified forests but it is also completely recyclable so make sure you add it to your recycle bin once you’ve finished the loaf cases. It’ll be a sad, sad day…but don’t worry, you can always order more.