Where can I use this Sheep Wool Draught Seal Tape?
This Sheep Wool Draught Seal Tape works to draught-proof gaps around your doors and windows, stopping cold air from entering your home. You can read more about the benefits and potential financial savings of window and door draught-proofing on the Energy Savings Trust website.
How do I know if I have draughts coming through gaps in my doors and windows?
If the gaps the draughts are coming through aren’t obviously visible, then use a Smoke Pencil which will show you exactly where the cold air is coming in. It is a really quick and easy way to identify where you need to draught-proof.
How do I install this Sheep Wool Draught Seal Tape?
1) Ensure the surfaces are clean, dry, and free from dust dirt and grease.
2) Unravel the draught excluder tape, take the end of the strip and remove a section of the backing.
3) Working from the top-down, adhere the tape to the vertical frame of the door or window so that the seal can be compressed by the closing action.
4) Once you have got to the bottom of the section, cut the tape to the exact length using a sharp pair of scissors,
5) Go back over the length and press down on the tape to ensure it is stuck down well to the surface. To secure it even further just add some little veneer pins along the length.
6) Repeat this process for any other vertical sections and horizontal sections.
Where else in my house should I look to draught-proof?
If you have an open chimney, definitely look at draught-proofing it! An open chimney causes other draughts in your house to become worse and it could also be your home’s biggest source of heat loss! So why not have a look at our Chimney Sheep® chimney draught excluders which are made of Herdwick wool and will work hand-in-hand with our sheep wool draught-proofing tape to make sure your home is as toasty and comfortable as it can be!